Tuesday 2 December 2014

Basic guidelines for new user

One of the first thing we all do is recipes needing more recipes, that was what I was googling too... but to be frank, as a Consultant/ Advisor, when I sold a new unit to family and friend who is bringing to their family in out of country, my first worry is whether they will know how to operate.

My very first experience, I was faced with Thermomix a few days before I even seen someone using it or demonstrate.. I was given the manual book by my dear late friend. She got it after she had surgery for her cancer. I asked how to use? She said just close the lid and I kept asking how and she gave me the manual and I remembered I did a few juices. That's all I know. 

I get to have my time off to head home to my own family normally on weekends or sometimes fortnightly. The day I saw Thermomix's demo was the day I had love at first sight. We all did the same search: Typed all sorts Thermomix Malaysia, Thermomix where to buy, cheapest Thermomix in Malaysia, any discount for Thermomix Malaysia, Thermomix Malaysia deal, Thermomix best deal, Thermomix best offer!

Then I waited anxiously for my unit to arrive. Then after I can't quite recall flipping cookbook.. I just hate books, since school days. My way of revising was a friend reading to me. As I ask her question, it benefited her too. In this IT era, it's a life saving moment for me, physical books will make me fall asleep! Virtual books won't

I searched for a few links for recipes and saved in my mailbox which was saved in my Facebook Page for the use of others too. There were a lot of sources, I chose a few which I found useful😋👍 

Can't find it on my phone though.. Will update this when I get home. (done)

Next I found this great guidelines: 

Thermomix may be the Rolls Royce of blenders but we do need to know the limit too. Pulverize caster sugar into
icing sugar in 2secs-1minute (depending on the amount added), maximum capacity at a time was 300g, having 2kg of sugar and try to pulverize say 9minutes, won't work. It's faster to get it done in batches. Same experience I had in office when I was trying to demonstrate how to make easy Milo sorbet. Being thoughtful, wanted to feed more to everyone, I doubled the ice cubes from 500g to 1kg! And sure enough, didn't work. Boss came up and explained, sometimes you may think bosses know only the theories never expect them to actually do apply the theories in practical too, perhaps this boss has been secretly using at home too, well, who won't fall in love with this chef best loved gadget? ;)

Next, I self video-ed (pardon me if the video was lousy, did it impromptu just for people who has never touch or seen any demo, useful to some who forgotten how to start to use too ;)
1st video

2nd video

Then 2 years later, I thought some might want to hear it in Chinese version plus a bit of tips & I recorded again in Chinese....
3rd video:

Next, once you know how to operate or start your Robotic German Maid, Thermomix😁, you need to start doing your homework at:

Clearer PDF version (need to join our group - mostly Chinese words though.. If you can't read or write Chinese like me..well I learn when I was 19 in my uni..just use Google Translate, super useful)

Once you know and get the hands on with your Thermomix then it's time to explore with more recipes. Click here and search and happy cooking! 


*you may click on the left bar where on the member, you may click on your favourite person, for example, search for my recipes uploaded, leave the search box empty and click left bar, on emmer option, write Eddilyn Lim, it will generate and click choose then click apply filter and voila!
https://my.thermomixrecipes.com/search/?&filters=members%3AEddilyn%20Lim%3B


Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your experiences, Eddi! I am especially delighted to have found your link to the Thermomix Malaysia recipe collection because we love Asian flavours in our house :)

    If your readers are looking for Christmas food gift ideas and some Western-style recipes, they are of course welcome to visit my own blog, http://www.whyisthereair.com where I have posted over 200 recipes.

    For your readers who are on Facebook, they can now search for the new Thermomix Recipe Vault where they will find hundreds of recipes by several unofficial Thermomix bloggers such as myself, from England and Australia.

    Happy Thermomix cooking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Madame Thermomix for the quick respond. I just publishes this not too long ago and I know I have been missing some links as I wrote it from my phone and thought I will update when I get back on computer. You are fast, too fast :)

      I posted more in Facebook and have not been updating my blog much. Will do more often soon. You may visit my FB page at www.facebook.com/thermomixMY and we too have more recipes uploaded in our recipe community which is mentioned above **just repaired the link :)

      Will sure look into your site too. Thanks and yes, Happy Thermomix cooking to you & everyone out there too :*

      Delete