Wednesday 1 February 2012

Sambal Nasi Lemak / 椰浆饭三巴

Sambal Nasi Lemak / 椰浆饭三巴

Refer to Malaysia's cookbook 2011/12 page 23, *optional: add prawns & squeeze a juice of lime


Sharing here too for those in overseas who wish to try this recipe ;)


I've cooked at least 5 times, the few other times without ikan bilis. From this, I realised that we can make our own Chili Boh (since I was cooking this for a friend who is still fighting her cancer, I was being very careful with food preparation and ingredients used, dare not to buy store ready packs - seriously, I could not find the ingredients listed on it! Also, knowing that preservatives, additives, unknown flavouring will definitely will the must have ingredients, I better not risk my friend's life)


    



Wow.. I would never believe that I could actually cook Sambal Nasi Lemak and Chicken Rendang at the same time (check here for the recipe ;)  Chicken Rendang



Other recipes are hard boiled eggs, ikan bilis (dried anchovies) and peanuts, coconut rice & cucumber (missed out cucumber). 

Nasi Lemak (Coconut Rice)

Ingredients:
200g coconut milk
700g water
2 tsp salt (or one)
3 pandan leaves, cut into 10cm lengths (tied up into 3 knots)
400g rice, washed

Method:
1. Place coconut milk, water and salt into the TM bowl.
2. Place pandan leaves and washed rice into the basket and start cooking in the bowl.
3. Cook for 16mins/ V/ Spd 4



Here's a quick and easy chilli boh recipe

Chili Boh
Ingredients:
500g dried chillies (soaked with hot water and cut into diagonal so that the seeds are easier to come out)
1 shallot/bawang kecil
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp cooking oil



Method:
1. Put the chillies together with shallot, garlic and oil. Now blend away. 2mins/ Speed 10 (you can add half cup of water if you intend to keep). I'll cook right away, so I won't add water to save up the cooking time (no need to wait for the drying time)

2. Pour the paste into a decent container, store it in the fridge and voila! You’ve got yourself nice homemade cili boh that will last for a month.



To cook into sambal, I love to add lime juice in it, really yummy and appetizing, thinking of it now made me drool!

No comments:

Post a Comment