Wednesday 8 February 2012

Party Food


Joey's hen's party...


Feb 8th, 2012, Joey is a friend's younger sister. I don't even know her but I thought, hey, my friend is back from Melbourne for CNY and asking her girlfriends to join in for her younger sister's hen's night, thinking for a fun night, not always, so why not. Since I have my Thermomix and still learning to cook, offered to cook nasi lemak and then ended up cooking up some other meals. Char Kuey Teow, Sambal Prawns, Fried Mi Hun.. My first time cooking up big meals. I've cooked for pot luck, enough to feed for about 5-8 persons, only one dish, white cream spaghetti and that too I thought I did well and most importantly I wasn't rushing then.


This time round..I was out getting grocery shopping including meals for my cancer friend, AP, who was still in hospital then for her 3 days chemo session. Then I was so excited meeting the girls tonight, I got some devil headbands for the sisters and a veil for the bride-to-be ;)

Bought 1 less, as I didn't know exactly how many persons that night, expecting 8 of us, but there were 9 of us :)


Then by the time I got home, I was super hungry, cooked mee suah for myself then started cooking. I was a bit silly to wait for Thermomix to finish the work for each dish before I can cook the next. I could have get some done on the stove top. Oh well, was still learning and really, when you said your food is cooked from Thermomix, they better do!




1. Sambal Nasi Lemak / 椰浆饭三巴

<See previous post>  ----click here
Refer to Malaysia's cookbook 2011/12 page 23, *optional: add prawns & squeeze a juice of lime

2. Char Kuay Teow (炒粿條/Penang Fried Flat Noodles)

<See previous post>  ----click here

3. Fried Mee Hoon / 米粉

<See previous post>  ----click here

4. Noodles in black sauce

<See previous post>  ----click here

No comments:

Post a Comment