Wednesday 8 May 2013

Constipation cause weight gain

I've shared this once in my Facebook..
You need to first cleanse your internal system before you can start eating clean and benefit from it.
Here's a good story about constipation by RawganicVegan.

To make it to layman term, imagine your intestines and even your liver are pipes/tubes with absorbable thin walls with thick oil sludge covered the internal of the tubes. No matter how much great liquid added will not be able to absorb through the walls. Hence any good nutrients or vitamins will not be absorbed but went absolutely to waste. Fat issue will never be solved and the wall will only get thicker over time and could cause a major problem to health.

Since the discussion on diet came up over Whatsapp today.. and it reminded me of myself having a very bad constipation problem when I was young.. since I was around 7 years up till 30s.. I was a very active Ballet, Tap, Modern and Contemporary dance student (around 8-20s) and I guessed even with constipation, my regular workout is enough to burn the calories intake I had.

Then once I got stucked in a stressful working environment as a Category Manager in the big hypermarket dealing with easily 200 people if not more on regular basis..with 50 odd suppliers (a few contacts in each companies),  23 stores with min. 3 contacts from each stores, internal team. Time is never mine. I don't get my leisure of time of whether to leave for home early or not. Always the last to leave around 10 ish pm almost everyday. Working in a freezing cold environment trying to make end meets, mostly only have time for even to pass urine only during lunch hour, then perhaps 5 or 7ish pm.. 3rd time visit is just before leaving work. Toilet was way far apart from my room. Worse is that I munched on snacks to keep me going through the night.

Home late and mostly taking dinner only around 11pm. This might be the extreme case but I know many of us is living in the same similar lifestyle.

I hate to have myself not being able to be in control of myself, my life and yet having to be in control at work where you are paid for, building others' empire!

I got into trouble of major constipation with no output at all after 3 weeks! Visited doctor after finally having a push by a friend and had the worst time of my life. Doctor suspected colon cancer. Lucky me, when I was on emergency case sent for a thorough check up, result was that I was perfectly normal. My food will go down straight to my colon within few minutes,  less than 10 if I'm not mistaken.  And only got stucked with a part of my colon curling awkwardly upwards.

Whatever I did.. from only once big bowel movement a week to a regular daily sometimes twice or thrice in day. Big and very satisfying result ever since I started eating clean. Home cooking is definitely better than eating out but eating clean is the main goal to reach. Always try your best to cook from scratch whenever possible.

Stay healthy everyone! ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment